NNEPRA facilitates the coordination between many operating partners who are on the lookout for talented, self-motivated individuals to join the Downeaster team. Browse employment opportunities below.
POSITION OPENING: Marketing Manager
The Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority (NNEPRA) is a public transportation authority created to develop and provide passenger rail service between Maine and Boston and points within Maine. NNEPRA’s small and dedicated team manages the budget, contracts, promotion, capital projects and customer services associated with the Amtrak Downeaster and is respected nationally for innovation and commitment to excellence.
NNEPRA is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to oversee all day-to-day marketing activities associated with the Amtrak Downeaster, develop marketing strategies, execute marketing campaigns that increase ridership and brand awareness, and assist with other efforts promoting passenger rail.
- Lead, develop, plan, and execute marketing programs and campaigns from start to finish
- Establish marketing strategies, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans across different channels and segments
- Manage and allocate the marketing budget
- Manage the advertising agency/ creative contractors and oversee all creative development including the production of promotional materials, websites, television ads, digital campaigns, social media, email newsletters, brochures, and other graphics
- Day to Day handling of social media, website management, copywriting, and content marketing
- Analyze ridership, market trends, and monitor other marketing metrics to track effectiveness and identify ways to improve sales and marketing efforts
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business Administration or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years of professional experience with creating marketing campaigns and strategies, as well as developing marketing content
- Creative thinker with excellent writing and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, energetic, and a self-starter
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills with the ability to take initiative, and to work both independently and as a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of Drupal, basic HTML and familiarity designing for the web.
This is a full- time position with benefits. The Marketing Manager will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment. The Marketing Manager will report to the Deputy Director and interact with other members of the NNEPRA team.
Salary range is $50,000 to $60,000 based on experience.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Natalie Bogart, Deputy Director
75 W. Commercial Street, Suite 104
Portland, Maine 04101
No phone calls, please.
NNEPRA is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
Amtrak provides the equipment and crews to operate the Downeaster rail service
On Board Food Service
NexDine operates the Downeaster Café onboard each Downeaster train.
RailPlan provides layover and turnaround service for train equipment